Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hi all and welcome to the My Special Story Books blog.

First time blogging so this will be an adventure indeed.

I’ve uploaded some info me, Chantelle, so you can learn about why I do this work and why I love it so much.

If you are visiting this blog and/or my website you will already know how committed I am to raising awareness for children with special needs or as I call them, special kids.

The purpose of My Special Story Books is to inform the child’s support network about the child’s individual needs, raise awareness but most importantly focus on showing that every child is so much more than a diagnosis. I like to bring the attention back to the abilities of the child rather than the disability and remind the reader they are dealing with a child who may have some challenges but is not defined by them.

Since creating My Special Story Books for Special Kids I have had the pleasure of writing many stories for some truly remarkable kids. I am very lucky to have found such a wonderful way to spend my time.

I would like to say a very big thank you to the parents who have entrusted me to find the true essence of their child’s story and share it for them. I hope to write many many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment