Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Autism Gratitude Project 2012

For the last two years I've joined a lovely facebook in friend doing an Autism Gratitude Project during April to mark Autism Awareness Month....  I have had one HELLUVA year since last year's gratitude project and after the near demise of my marriage AND near demise of me (see this post for further info on THAT), in large part due to the stress of autism, it would be easy to focus on all the negative things that autism has brought into my life.
 
I am going to do The Autism Gratitude Project again this year though as it just might be what I need to remind me of all the wonderful things are in my life also in large part due to autism and to maybe even see that the near demise is indeed something to be grateful for one day as it's my hope that the events that damn near broke me will eventually be the step in my journey that strengthened my stride into unbreakable.
 
So on the day before Autism Awareness Month officially started I marked my gratitude by acknowledging that I'm grateful the above statement reads, NEAR demise on both counts and not ACTUAL demise..... Small but significant steps are being made to move further away from any kind of demise every day. 

Here we go though, it is now April 1st and that means Autism Awareness Month is officially underway.

Happy Autism Awareness Month and please join us on facebook or post below in my comments section if you prefer or maybe just write a journal for yourself but why not join those of us who choose to see the gifts of autism by stating one thing you are grateful or each day during April because autism entered your world.  It can be a positive thought, a happy/flappy story, anything.  I'll start......

Autism Gratitude Project 2012 - Day 1: I am absolutely filled with gratitude to be surrounded by the love and support of some truly remarkable people I've met through autism. The real everyday heroes who literally change the world through their tenacious courage to advocate and constantly fight for their children but who's cup is never running so empty that they can't offer a drink of love and support to their friends fighting beside them. Bravo to my amazingly brave, brilliant, talented and exhausted friends who give a new definition to the word strength. I am grateful for each and every one of you who I would never have met if not for entering this different world of autism/additional needs. You know who you are and each and every one of you raise me up.

Much love to all of those in my world who inspire each other and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment